Built from Scratch
DJ M•ROK is a hip hop producer, beatmaker and skratcher with a passion for golden era boom bap, samples and breakbeats.
• Began producing beats and scratching during hip hop’s golden era.
• Created the first-ever hip hop radio show at Boston University in 1991.
• Created and hosted “Beat Vandals” on Graffiti Kings radio. The first show captured more than 43,000 listeners worldwide.
• Performed as a scratch DJ for Mikey to the P and the Dirty Deets.
• Released his instrumental hip hop album, “Wax Nostalgic” at the end of 2018 and was featured as a “Hidden Gem” by Fat Cats Beats
• Partnered with Kollectiv Music to release Far East Bap and Six Shots
• Scratched on on rapper Dirty Needles’ “Paradise” album
• Released his second album, “Beats 4 Daze” in 2019 and was featured on 91.1FM, Chicago’s Alternative Urban Radio Station.
• Produced the official LEGO Ninjago “Pyro Viper Remix” for The Fold
• Produced “IROK (Ill Raps Only, Kid)” EP for Bay Area emcee, The IMF
• Produced “Locked N Loaded” EP for new MC/DJ combo, Double Barrel
• Selected as the Featured Artist in the Fall 2019 issue of
Untapped Hip Hop Magazine.
• Produced “No More Stress” for Double Barrel, which was selected as one of the “Top 5 Essential Tracks” for December 2019 on 91.1 FM Chicago.
Steel Wheels Keep on Turnin’
DJ M•ROK is currently producing tracks for emcees, scratching on various artists’ tracks, creating new remixes and is accepting bookings and project collaborations for 2020 and beyond.
For all inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org